NATARAJASANA - beautiful postures in yoga practice
Nataraja, the name of Lord Shiva, that is the lord of dance. This is one of the beautiful postures in yoga practice, which symbolizes the dance of Lord Shiva.
1. Stand as Fig. 1.0.
2. Stretch the right arms forward and keep them parallel to the ground.
3. Bend the left knee towards back and hold the left big toe from left hand.
4. Pull the knee-cap up and keep the left leg poker stiff and perpendicular to the floor (refer Fig. 14.0).
5. Keep the balance and stay for 10 to 15 seconds with deep breathing.
6. Slowly release the grip of the left foot and simultaneously lower both arms. Stand again in original position.
7. Repeat the posture on the other side.
1. By practicing this exercise one can develop vigor and beauty.
2. It helps to strengthen the leg muscles and shoulder.
3. By doing this exercise all the vertebral joints will be stretched and gives good benefit to vertebral joints.
4. It helps to reduce fat in the region of waist, hips and abdomen.
5. Practicing this exercise helps to reduce back pain and spinal problems.