ARDHA CHANDRASANA - Half-Moon Posture
Ardsha refers to half. Chandra is the Moon. This yogic exercise resembles the half moon, hence it is termed as Ardha Chandrasana.
1. Perform Tadasana (refer to Fig. 1.0).
2. Raise the hands above the head. The hands and body should be straight and stretched well.
3. Inhale, slowly bend backward so that the back and hands are horizontal to the ground.
4. Hold in this position for about 15 to 20 seconds. Breathe deeply and evenly.
5. Slowly raise the hands and body forward, then back to the normal position.
1. It provides good nourishment to the abdominal organs and digestive system of the body.
2. Practicing this exercise helps to cure gastric trouble and indigestion.
3. It provides body balance, stiffness to the leg muscles and to the hands.
4. It provides good body shape and structure.