VEERASANA - provides strength to foot and hands
Veerasana means a hero, that is, warrior this exercise suggests courage and boldness.
1. Start this exercise as shown in Fig. 20.0.
2. Sit as in the position of vajarasana (postures 22.0 and 22.1). Slide the feet so that they are kept by the side of the thighs. The inner side of each calf should touch the outer side of respective thighs (postures 23.0 and 23.1).
3. Place the hands with clinched hand (Brahma mudra (as shown in 23.0 front view).
4. Close the eyes and start meditation.
5. Hold in this position for about 2 to 3 minutes with even breathing.
6. Exhale slowly and come back to the original position.
1. As rightly suggested it gives enough strength to the ankles, feet and thighs.
This exercise is most beneficial to the soldiers and sportsmen.
2. It helps to cure pain in the heels.
3. The Brahma mudra posture strengthens the wrist and fingers.
4. This exercise provides strength to ;the foot and hands. It is recommended to ;the persons who are in adventure sports.