means upward. Tittibha means an insect. This exercise is
performed, by keeping the face upward as explained below.
1. Stand as in Fig. 1.0.
2. Spread the legs apart sideways for about one and half to two feet. Exhale slowly, bend the trunk forward. Insert the head in between the legs at knee position. Stretch the hands towards the back and make a lock (as shown in fig. 54.0).
3. Hold in this position for about 15 to 20 seconds with deep and even breathing.
4. Release the interlock first and slowly come back to the normal position.
1. Though most of the therapeutic uses are similar to Tittibhasana, here in this exercise it provides good body balance, nourishment to the legs and shoulders.
2. This exercise provides mental equilibrium and concentration of mind.